Skip to content
What to be a member of a group of high school students that come together to have fun and promote healthy lifestyle choices?
CHILL Youth Task Force is the group for YOU!
Who is eligible?
To join Chill, you must:
- Be a high school student in Martinsville/Henry County
- Be a good role model by staying ATOD (Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs) free
- Maintain acceptable school attendance and G.P.A.
- Demonstrate good character
- Attending a 3-day training prior to full membership
- Attend monthly community meetings (only 2 absences allowed)
- Perform at least 15 hours of community service for CHILL per year
When can I apply?
- Applications are available in the guidance office or main office during the application process time, usually March, April of each school year. Check with your guidance counselor or the main office for more information.
What do I do?
- The application directions will be included in the packet. Fill out the application, get 2 teacher recommendations, accept the contract requirements (including parent/guardian permission) and attend the interview night for new CHILL prospects!
When will I hear?
- Because there are usually more applicants than available spots open in CHILL, there is a selection process based on application, teacher recommendations, and the interview. CHILL prospects will be sent a letter within 7-10 days after the interview takes place letting them know whether or not they have been accepted into CHILL.
- After being accepted, there is one last step. To become “official” new members MUST attend a three-day training session during the summer. Your letter of acceptance will have a list of several training dates to choose from.